Quizmasters Lee and Marc get together to ask each other selected trivia questions for their and your amusement.
Categories for the quiz include Internet Culture, History, European Geography, Movies, Public Shaming Devices, Inventions, U.S. Geography, Notorious Athletes, Famous Authors, Movie Props, Indie Movies, Animals and more!
- INTERNET CULTURE - Getting its name from a portmanteau of the origin’s country’s words for “eating” and “broadcast”, what name is given to a pre-recorded or streamed event in which a host consumes a large amount of food while interacting with viewers?
- HISTORY - The late Gene Cernan was an American astronaut who is today best known for holding what record?
- EUROPEAN GEOGRAPHY - Corsica is part of what European country?
- MOVIES - What bawdy British film series debuted in 1958 and with 31 installments contains the largest amount of films of any British series?
- FAMOUS PRODUCTS - The oldest manufactured reclining chair in the United States, what name-brand recliner has been featured in the novel Slaughterhouse Five, as well as episodes of Cheers, Friends, Seinfeld, and Fraiser?
- PUBLIC SHAMING DEVICES - Once used as a form of public shaming in several countries around the world, including in the U.S. following the Civil War, a "drunkard's cloak" is made of what?
- “He’s right that hybrids can’t usually reproduce. But Donkeys are not hybrid animals. Mules are (horse and donkey).” - Elyse commenting on the hybrid animals Missed Correction from episode 93
- INVENTIONS - What novelty invention of Elijah Jefferson Bond is etched into the rear of his headstone, located in Green Mount Cemetery in Baltimore?
- U.S. GEOGRAPHY - Wichita County can be found in two states: Kansas, and what other state where the county seat is Wichita Falls?
- NOTORIOUS ATHLETES - James Ambrose, who was found dead in his jail cell in May 1856, was known for being a professional athlete in which sport?
- FAMOUS AUTHORS - What author, who also writes under the pseudonyms J.D. Robb, Jill March, and Sarah Hardesty was the first writer to be inducted into the Romance Writers of America Hall of Fame?
- MOVIE PROPS - Jimmy Lile was known for his "Mission" to create what iconic movie prop at the request of Sylvester Stallone?
- INDIE MUSIC - What indie band, formed in 1999, consisting of two sets of brothers, had four of their albums featured in NME’s 2013 list of the 500 Best Albums of all Time?
Rate My Question
- ANIMALS - Like the xenomorph from the SCIENCE FICTION movie Alien, what animal has a Phar-yng-eal jaw— a “second” jaw inside the mouth?
- FAMOUS AUTHORS - What author, who died in 1992, is known for having over 500 books in 9 of the 10 major categories of the Dewey Decimal system?
- CHESS - How many possible first moves are there in the game of chess?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- April 20th, 2020 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Live on Twitch 7pm - 9pm
- April 23th, 2020 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Live on Twitch 7pm - 9pm
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Dylan, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Gil, David, Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Nicole, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S. ,Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- Virtual Trivia Night on Twitch — FB event for Know Nonsense Trivia on Twitch!
- knownonsensetrivia - Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia with Quizmaster Lee on Mondays and Thursdays at 7pm EST!
- Raging Bull vs Primus - YouTube — A cool song/movie mashup by Erik Wargo of Nightchurch related to one of Lee's questions.
- Jamison Webb on Twitter: "the lead singer of *answer to Marc's question* reads the front of a bottle of contact lens solution https://t.co/Ld9J4dNqG2" / Twitter — A funny impression of a particular indie rock vocalist by Jamison Webb on Twitter