Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Quizmasters Dallas and Elyse of Shell Games Entertainment to have an hour-long talk about their experiences hosting virtual trivia online, followed by an 18-question trivia quiz.
Topics during the Quizmaster roundtable discussion include format, platform, promotion, engagement and monetization of virtual trivia. Categories for the quiz include Video Games, Vocabulary, Dogs, Fictional Drugs, Landmarks, NFL Draft, Animals, Dogs & Minerals, 90’s Music, Sports, Hollywood, Marvel, Music, Pop Culture, Name Origins, Cereal Mascots and more!
- VIDEO GAMES - Which video game is the highest grossing video game of all time (adjusted for inflation), pulling in more than 5 billion dollars across all platforms since its initial release in 1980?
- VOCABULARY - In which field of study would you find ‘litotes’?
- DOGS - What breed of dog was former Budweiser spokesdog Spuds Mackenzie?
- FICTIONAL DRUGS - What was the name of the iconic drug in the film A Scanner Darkly?
- LANDMARKS - The Indira Gandhi Planetarium, located in Lucknow, India, was designed to resemble which planet?
- NFL DRAFT - What university broke the NFL Draft record on Thursday for most first round draft picks of all time?
- Dylan and Alex write in to clarify that Moray Eels are not the only animals to have pharyngeal jaws.
- ANIMALS - Penguins live almost exclusively in the Southern hemisphere, except for one species which is endemic to what island?
- DOGS & MINERALS - What Northeastern Canadian region can be found in the name of a popular dog breed as well as a uniquely colorful mineral?
- 90’s MUSIC - The 1998 platinum hit song, “I'm Your Angel” was sung by which two artists?
- SPORTS - The V-scale is used to determine problems in what physical sport?
- HOLLYWOOD - Along with Gary Getzman, what actor started the record and film production company Playtone?
- MARVEL - What children’s educational series originally aired on PBS from 1971 to 1977, starred Morgan Freeman, Judy Graubart, Rita Moreno and Billy Cosby (among others) featured the first ever regular live-action TV appearance of a Marvel character?
Rate My Question
- SLOGANS - I’ve fallen, and I can’t get up is a famous catchphrase from a late 80s and early 90s commercial based on what medical alarm and protection company?” - submitted by Quizmaster Dallas
- CLASSIC TELEVISION - First premiering in 1969, what popular kids show featured the character Norville Rogers who was famously voiced by Casey Kasem? - submitted by Quizdaddy Dylan
- MUSIC - What Swedish singer-songwriter has released albums such as Youth Novels (2008), Wounded Rhymes (2011), I Never Learn (2014), and So Sad, So Sexy (2018)?
- POP CULTURE - The “Counterfeit Queen of Soul” Vickie Jones was kidnapped and forced to be an Aretha Franklin impersonator, who was caught after glowing reviews of a sold out show of 1400 people at the High Room caught the ear of the real Aretha Franklin. The High Hat Room is located in what Florida city?
- NAME ORIGINS - What literary and film character’s name has been used at one point in history as rural English slang meaning a blundering person, as well as a word in Old English to describe an insect that flies with a loud humming noise?
- CEREAL MASCOTS - What cereal’s mascot is named Dig’em?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- April 27th, 2020 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Live on Twitch 7pm - 9pm
- April 30th, 2020 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Live on Twitch 7pm - 9pm
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Dylan, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Gil, David, Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Nicole, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S. ,Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast — Join us on our Facebook group!
- Know Nonsense Trivia Virtual Trivia Night on Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Mondays and Thursdays at 7pm EST!
- Nice Guy's Pizza Virtual Trivia! — Marc's trivia - Wednesday 8pm
- SW Florida Movie Trivia League - Home — Dallas and Elyse's Movie Trivia League
- 90’s Music Trivia - Shell Games Entertainment — 90's Music Trivia hosted by Dallas and Elyse
- Shell Games Entertainment on Facebook
- Indira Gandhi Planetarium | Archnet — More info, pics, and plans of the planetarium mentioned in one of Lee's questions from this episode.
- DOOM Admits To Hiring Impersonators, Defends Himself — The story behind MF Doom hiring impersonators to perform.