Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Seth for a general knowledge trivia quiz. Marc and Seth report on a virtual trivia in which they were invited to participate. Categories for the quiz include History, Medical Conditions, Prehistoric Animals, Famous Authors, Weird Science, Pop Culture, 90’s Music, Famous Art, Cults, The Bible, Natural Novelties and more!
- HISTORY - What waterway was known as “The Ice Curtain” during the Cold War?
- MEDICAL CONDITIONS - If you are ‘presbyopic’, what is wrong with you?
- PREHISTORIC ANIMALS - The Smilodon is a prehistoric creature more commonly known by what name?
- CURRENT EVENTS - After nearly a year and a half of negotiations, an agreement was reached for Benny Gantz to share power with what political leader in their country?
- HISTORY - What major Southeastern U.S. city was once Fort Dallas?
- FAMOUS AUTHORS - Norton Juster is known for writing which 1961 children’s novel about a boy named Milo and his watchdog named “Tock”?
“I know Marc Davis made a comment on a recent episode about how every time a president question comes up he has trouble figuring out the order based solely on a year(s). One trick that has helped me gauge where presidents line up to years they were elected is by the Curse of Tippecanoe!”
- WEIRD SCIENCE - Which influential scientist was part of a ‘Glutton Club’ whose mission was to sample rare meat?
- HISTORY - In what year was Churchill elected Prime Minister?
POP CULTURE - What American fashion model, who was featured in Taylor Swift’s video for Bad Blood, revealed in 2014 that she was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s disease, which causes a gradual deterioration of the thyroid?
90’s MUSIC - What 1997 album by a Canadian artist is the best-selling album of the 1990’s performed by a single artist?
FAMOUS ART - Where is Van Gogh’s Starry Night currently located?
CULTS - What cult originally Texas based was founded by David Berg in the 1970’s and used a method called “flirty fishing” that used sex to “show God’s love and mercy” and win converts?
Rate My Question
- “Hey Lee and Mark, it's Dylan. You guys said my my question last time was a little too easy. So figured I would hate you guys with one. That's a little harder short sweet hear. What day was Julius Caesar assassinated on just looking for the month and day it's a little hard, but it's definitely sucks. Good luck.” - Quizdaddy Dylan
- THE BIBLE - King Solomon commanded David to collect 100 what as war plunder from the Philistines?
- NATURAL NOVELTIES - What mechanism that is known to have been invented and developed by ancient Egyptians and Greeks is presented in nature exclusively in the juvenile nymph bug?
- POP CULTURE - In what year did Brian Williams replace Tom Brokaw on NBC Nightly News?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- May 4th, 2020 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Live on Twitch 7pm - 9pm
- May 7th, 2020 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Live on Twitch 7pm - 9pm
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Dylan, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Gil, David, Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Nicole, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S. ,Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast — Join us on our Facebook group!
- knownonsensetrivia - Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Mondays and Thursdays at 7pm EST!
- Nice Guy's Pizza Virtual Trivia! — Marc's trivia - Wednesday 8pm
- THE FEARLESS FLYERS /// Nate Smith is the Ace of Aces - YouTube — A drum jam mentioned by Lee and Marc in this episode.
- 90’s Music Trivia — Dallas and Elyse's 90's Music Trivia
- Read the Most Amazing Letter from Steve Albini to Nirvana - VICE — The unique letter that Marc mentions in this episode from Nirvana's producer of In Utero (Steve Albini) to the band.
- Christina's World - Wikipedia — A painting mentioned by Lee in this episode.
- Heaven's Gate — A limited series podcast about the Heaven's Gate cult.