Quizmasters Lee and Marc are once again joined by Quizmaster Erin Sullivan and Artist Justin Peterson to share and play trivia. Categories for the quiz include Vocabulary, Saturday Night Live, Disney, Drugs, Music, Movies, Pen Names, Movie Adaptations, Technology, First First Ladies, Clone High, and more!
- VOCABULARY - Named by cartoonist Mort Walker, “grawlixes” are used for what purpose?
- SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE - Who holds the current record for hosting Saturday Night Live?
- DISNEY - What classic film does Wall-E watch when we meet him at the beginning of the movie?
- DRUGS - Thalidomide, which was pulled from the shelves after showing birth defects in children by pregnant women or women who were impregnated by men while taking it, was originally marketed for what?
- Lee adds some extra notes about The Phantom Tollbooth.
- PSYCHOLOGY - “What is aibohphobia?” - submitted by EplosiveJedi, David Holbrook
- MUSIC - What musician, who would later go on to win four Grammys for songs such as “Gentle On My Mind” and “By The Time I Get To Phoenix” replaced Bryan Wilson as a touring member of the Beach Boys in 1965?
- MOVIES - Who did Sigourney Weaver portray in the 1988 film Gorillas In The Myst?
- PEN NAMES - What 19th century author used the pen name Ellis Bell not to hide their identity for the public but to appear more marketable?
- SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE - In terms of worldwide box office sales, what Sautrday Night Live film earned the most (with an estimated total of $183,000,000) and which performed the worst (with a total of $60,000).
- MOVIE ADAPTATIONS - Devery Freeman’s 1979 novel ‘Father Sky’ was later adapted into what film starring Timothy Hutton, George C. Scott, Tom Cruise, and Sean Penn in his feature film debut?
- HISTORY - Which former pharaoh was allegedly the only Egyptian mummy with a passport (which was used to send them to France in 1976)?
Rate My Question
- COMPANIES, BRANDS & PROJECTS - What technology company was originally named after a mythological creature before dropping part of the name? - Submitted by Mike C.
- GEOGRAPHY - What is the largest land-locked country in the world? - Submitted by Abbey
- TECHNOLOGY - What was the name of the first computer to beat a World Chess Champion on May 11, 1997?
- SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE - Which five people have been cast members for ten seasons or more?
- FIRST FIRST LADIES - Which First Lady of the United States was the first to ever guest DJ at WNYC?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- May 11th, 2020 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Live on Twitch 7pm - 9pm
- May 14th, 2020 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Live on Twitch 7pm - 9pm
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Dylan, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Gil, David, Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Nicole, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S. ,Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast — Join us on our Facebook group!
- knownonsensetrivia - Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Mondays and Thursdays at 7pm EST!
- Nice Guy's Pizza Virtual Trivia! — Marc's trivia - Wednesday 8pm
- Justin Peterson (@justinpeterson) • Instagram photos and videos — Justin Peterson's 'pay what you want' art commissions available via Instagram
- Erin Sullivan (@erinsullivan) • Instagram photos and videos — Erin Sullivan on Instagram (Fashion, Sewing, Tiki)
- The Hideaway - Mural Timelapse — Watch Justin paint some big beautiful banana leaves!
- Mickey Mouse Shorts - Ku'u Lei Melody - YouTube — The Mickey Mouse short from which Justin & Erin's private Hideaway bar "Akua" takes its name.
- Ween - What Deaner Was Talkin' About - YouTube — Marc's reccomended intro to Ween, which he describes as "Beatles-esque pop bliss."
- Ween - "What Deaner Was Talkin' About" - YouTube — Marc's intro to Ween, "Beatles-esque pop bliss" as he describes it.
- Maine Justice with Jamie Foxx - SNL - YouTube — A funny sketch featuring Jason Sudekis on Saturday Night Live.
- [First First Lady] Takes the Mic | NYPR Archives & Preservation | WNYC — A link to a program related to Lee's final question.