Quizmasters Lee and Marc go head to head, asking each other their favorite trivia questions of the week. Lee details P.I.B.S. – his personal method for rating trivia questions. The pair discuss a particular question from Marc’s trivia that ruffled some feathers (including Lee’s).
Categories for the quiz include World Records, Taglines, Vocabulary, Cereal Mascots, Geography, U.S. History, Products, Plants, 90’s Music, History, Languages and more!
- WORLD RECORDS - What record did Quizmaster Jay Flynn (UK) set on April 30, 2020?
- 90’s MUSIC -What Scorpions song became a worldwide hit hitting #4 on the Billboard charts in 1991, after the failed August coup that would lead to the fall of the Soviet Union?
- TAGLINES - What technology company used an altered quote by philosopher René Decartes as a tagline in the 1980’s?
- VOCABULARY - What is shibari?
- VOCABULARY - What word that is used to describe a timid or feeble person shares a name with a bland food is also an eponym of a 1920’s cartoon character by H.T. Webster?
- CEREAL MASCOTS - What brand of variation had a variation featuring a mascot called “Chockle the Blob”?
- BEST-SELLING MUSIC - What band, highly revered in the band world, is the best-selling act in South Carolina history?
- GEOGRAPHY - Recorded at −279 feet (−85 m) below sea level, what California basin is known to be the lowest surface point in North America?
- U.S. HISTORY - Haddie Caraway was the first woman elected to the U.S. Senate in 1932 for what state?
- PLANTS - Antirrhinum, which can be found in Europe, North Africa, and North America, is a plant known by what common name due to the flowers resemblance to a mythological creature?
- PRODUCTS - What year did Dairy Queen introduce the blizzard?
- 90’s MUSIC - Before creating and managing the R&B group TLC, Perri Reid was a dance-pop star who had hits with “Girlfriend”, “Mercedes Boy” and “Giving You The Benefit” in the 90’s under what stage name?
Rate My Question
- Beginning in 1998, the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences has held an annual awards show for the video game industry, an event now known as the D.I.C.E. awards. Which 1997 video game won the first ever Game of the Year? - submitted by Alex P.
- HISTORY - What attention-grabbing occupation was shared by Clifton James, Felix Dadaev, and Gustav Weler?
- WORLD LANGUAGES - How many countries speak German as their official language?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- May 18th, 2020 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Live on Twitch 7pm - 9pm
- May 21st, 2020 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Live on Twitch 7pm - 9pm
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Dylan, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Gil, David, Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Nicole, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S. ,Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."