February 6th, 2023
2 hrs 29 mins 46 secs
About this Episode
Quizmasters Lee and Marc meet with Skyler for a food-themed quiz with other topics including TV, Sports, Cars, Languages, Astronomy and more!
- COOKING - A mirepoix is a flavor base for cooked dishes which most commonly includes which three vegetables?
- VEGETABLES - Lollo rosso, oilseed and summercrisp are varieties of which vegetable (which shares its name with a jam band)?
- SEINFELD - Which arcade game debuted in 1981, features the song "Yankee Doodle Dandy" as its game music and is featured in an episode of Seinfeld where George discovers he still holds a decade-old high score on a local machine?
- NICKELODEON - Getting her start in the early 90's (starring in Kraft Mayonnaise commercial and movies like Fried Green Tomatoes and the show Orange is the New Black), Constance Shulman was the voice actor for what Nickelodeon cartoon character?
- CARS - Which car maker produces the models Chiron and Veyron?
- GEOGRAPHY - Which northeastern city is the U.S.'s smallest state capital by population (and the only one without a McDonald's)?
- ANIMAL HUSBANDRY - Based on the color of what part of a chicken's body can you predict their egg's shell?
- WORLD’S STRONGEST MAN - Competitors of the World's Strongest Man competition are often challenged to "toss" various increasing weights of what kind of object over a 14.6 ft tall bar?
- EMO MUSIC - What Philadelphia-based pop and indie folk group with a name that is a romantic pun based on a U.S. State, is known for songs such as "Cut Yr Teeth" and "This Song Used to Be About You?"
- BAND MEMBERS OF 2010’s MIDWEST EMO REVIVAL GROUPS - What band, active from 1997-2007 before reuniting in 2014, was formed by Mike Kinsella and Steve Holmes while both were still attending High School in Wheeling, Illinois?
- VOCABULARY - Ovine is relating to or resembling sheep, bovine to cattle; what is caprine relating to or resembling?
- FOOD TERMS - Overrun is a term referring to the amount of air that is mixed into what sweet treat?
- LANGUAGES - Lazar Ludwig Zamenhof invented which language, intended the be a universal second language for international communication? ASTRONOMY - Using a telescope of his own design in 1610, Galileo changed the field of astronomy forever when he observed and discovered four moons that, at the time, interestingly, did not belong to Earth but which other planet in our solar system?
- SCIENTIFIC DISCOVERIES - Many modern discoveries, like mercury thermometers, refrigeration, pasteurization, and the glass bottle, came to be while trying to solve multiple problems while processing what beverage?
Rate My Question
- EXTRACTS - Carmine, a red dye commonly used in Campari, Lipstick, and General Tso sauces is derived from what type of scale insect?
- OLYMPICS - During the 1992 Summer Olympics, what country won the Men's Basketball bronze medal while famously sponsored by the rock band The Grateful Dead due to the country's dire economic situation? In 2001, what surpassed tuna as America's most eaten seafood?
- STAR WARS - What three-word phrase was adopted by Star Wars purists after George Lucas's notorious edit of the cantina scene for 1997’s Star Wars: A New Hope Special Edition?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- February 8th, 2023 - Know Nonsense Challenge - Point Ybel Brewing Co. - 7:30 pm EST
- February 9th, 2022 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Ollie’s Pub Records and Beer - 7:30 pm EST
- February 18th, 2023 - Know Nonsense Challenge: Star Wars Edition - Point Ybel Brewing Co. - 7:30 pm EST
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Gil, Tim, Tommy, Adam, Brandon, Blake
- Thank you, Team Captains – Kristin & Fletcher, Aaron, Matthew, David Holbrook, Mo, Lydia, Rick G, Skyler
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Elyse, Kaitlynn, Frank, Trent, Nina, Justin, Katie, Ryan, Robb, Captain Nick, Grant, Ian, Tim Gomez, Rachael, Moo, Rikki, Nabeel, Jon Lewis, Adam, Lisa, Spencer, Hank, Justin P., Cooper, Sarah, Karly, Lucas, Mike K., Cole, Adam, Caitlyn H, Sam, Spencer, Stephen, Cameron
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Mike J., Mike C., Efren, Steven, Kenya, Dallas, Issa, Paige, Allison, Kevin & Sara, Alex, Loren, MJ, HBomb, Aaron, Laurel, FoxenV, Sarah, Edsicalz, Megan, brandon, Chris, Alec, Sai, Nathan, Tim, Andrea, Ian, Aunt Kiki, Clay, Littlestoflambs, Seth
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- Support the KnowNo on Patreon! — Access bonus content including posts featuring our live quiz archive! 15% off annual memberships!
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast Merch — Pick up shirts, stickers and more from our official merch store!
- Know Nonsense Trivia | Discord — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- r/KnowNonsenseTrivia | Reddit — Join our subreddit!
- Trivia Night @ Point Ybel Brewing Co.! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Trivia Night @ Ollies Pub! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Thursdays at Ollie's Pub in Cape Coral, FL!
- Nice Guys Pizza Trivia | Zoom — Play Nice Guys Pizza Trivia Live with Marc on Wednesdays or on Zoom at Nice Guys Pizza in Cape Coral, FL!
- The Disturbing Secret Behind An Iconic Cartoon: Underage Sexual Abuse — The initial BuzzFeed article covering the alleged sexual abuse of animation icon John K. (Ren & Stimpy)
- The true story of the iconic Grateful Dead [...] basketball shirts